Do you think chemistry is a tough subject? Then we are going to make it easy for you. We are providing you with 9 class chemistry notes to help you with board papers. As the students are going to appear for the board exam for the first time in class 9, they need notes to prepare the papers.
Chemistry 9 Class Notes Download
Chapter 1: Fundamentals of Chemistry
After studying this chapter, you can identify and provide examples of different branches of chemistry 9 class notes and differentiate between branches of chemistry. You can distinguish between matter and substance. Also define ions, molecular ions, formula units, and free radicals. Explain atomic mass, atomic number, and atomic mass unit.
Differentiate elements, compounds, and mixtures. Also, differentiate between empirical and molecular formulas. You can distinguish between atoms and ions, molecules and molecular ions, ions and free radicals, chemical species, Avogadro’s number, and Mole, chemical calculations.
Chapter 2: Structure of Atoms
After learning this chapter, you can define:
- Rutherford developed the Atomic Theory.
- Explain how Bohr’s atomic theory differed.
- Describe the structure of the atom, including the location of the proton, electron, and neutrons. Define isotopes, Compare isotopes of an atom.
- Discuss the properties of the isotopes of H, C, CI, and U.
- In chemistry 9 class notes, you can draw the structure of different isotopes from the mass number and atomic number. The importance and uses of isotopes in many fields of life.
- Describe the presence of subshells IN shells. Distinguish between shells and subshells. Record the first 18 items electronically in the periodic table.
Chapter 3: Periodic Table & Periodicity of Properties
In chemistry 9 class notes, learning outcomes are to distinguish between period and group in the Periodic table. State the Periodic law. Category elements (into two categories: periods and groups) according to the configuration of their outermost electrons. Also, determine the demarcation of the periodic table into s-block and /?-block.
You will be capable of explaining after studying chemistry 9 class notes the shape of the periodic table. Identify the location of families in the periodic table. Also, recognize the similarity in the physical and chemical properties of elements in the same family of elements. Identify the relationship between electronic configuration and the position of elements in the periodic table.
Explain how the armor effect influences periodic patterns. Chemistry 9 class notes describe how electronegativities change in a group and over a period in the periodic table.
Chapter 4: Structure of Molecules
After studying this chapter, you can define:
- Find out how many valence electrons are in an atom using the periodic table.
- Describe the importance of noble gas electron configurations.
- State the octet and duplet rule.
- Explain how elements attain stability.
- Describe the ways to form bonds.
- State the importance of electronic configurations in the formation of ions.
- Describe the formation of an anion from a non-metallic element.
- Describe the characteristics of an ionic bond.
- Recognize a compound as having ionic bonds.
- Identify characteristics of ionic compounds.
- Describe the formation of a covalent relationship between two nonmetals.
- Describe examples of single, double, and triple covalent bonds.
- Make a cross and dot electron structure of simple covalent molecules containing single, double, and triple covalent bonds.
Chapter 5: Physical States of Matter
After learning this chapter, you can define the effect on the volume of a gas by a change in the
In chemistry 9 class notes, you can compare the physical states of the matter with intermolecular forces present between them and account for pressure-volume changes in a gas using Boyle’s Law. Also account for temperature-volume changes in a gas using Charles’ Law. Expand gas properties (diffusion, effusion, and pressure).
You will be capable of explaining the properties of liquids like evaporation and boiling point, as well as the effect of temperature and external pressure, and boiling point. Explain in chemistry 9 class notes the solid’s physical properties (melting and boiling points). Also, differentiate between amorphous and crystalline solids. Explain the allotropic forms of solids.
Chapter 6: Solutions
Learning outcomes are after studying chemistry 9 class notes, Define the terms: solution, aqueous solution, solute, and solvent, and give an example of each. Describe the difference between saturated, unsaturated, and over-saturated solutions.
Explain after studying chemistry 9 class notes the formation of solutions and give an example of each. Explain the formation of solutions (mixing liquids into gas, liquids into solids, and liquids into liquids) and elaborate with an example of each.
Explain the formation of solutions (mixing solid into a gas, solids into solids, and solids into liquids) and explain with an example of each. Explain the concentration of a solution means what.
Define molarity. You can define the percentage solution. Solve problems that imply a solution’s molarity. Describe how to prepare to dilute solutions from concentrated solutions of known molarity. To convert the molarity of a solution into g/dm.
Use the rule that “like dissolves like” to predict the solubility of one substance in another.
Chapter 7: Electrochemistry
After studying this chapter, you can Provide examples of oxidation and reduction using the gain or loss of oxygen or hydrogen. Explain oxidation and reduction in terms of electron loss or gain.
You can a redox reaction’s oxidizing and reducing ingredients should be identified, and also provide the standard guidelines for determining the oxidation numbers of free elements, ions (both simple and complex), compounds, and atoms.
Define the number of oxidations that each element’s atoms have in a compound and the nature of electrochemical processes. You can sketch an electrolytic cell and label the cathode and the anode.
Identify the direction of movement of anions towards respective electrodes. You can after studying chemistry 9 class notes list the possible uses of an electrolytic cell, and describe how a battery produces electrical energy.
Chapter 8: Chemical Reactivity
After learning this chapter, you can define:
- Explain that we do not find Alkali metals in the free state of nature.
- Describe where sodium metal is located on the periodic table and its simple properties and uses. The periodic table positions of calcium and magnesium, as well as their basic characteristics and applications.
- You will be able to tell soft metals apart from hard metals (iron and sodium).
- Describe the noble metals’ inertness. In chemistry 9 class notes identify the Commercial worth of platinum, gold, and silver. Build a list of significant halogen reactions.
- Name some elements that exist in nature in an uncombined form.
9th Class Chemistry Notes Chapter Wise
All chemistry 9 class notes on our website are arranged chapter-wise. You can open it by clicking on the chapter you want to study. You can also download all these chapters for free. This content is prepared for your convenience so that you can use it to prepare for your 9th-class Punjab board exams. There are separate downloads for each chapter.
Class 9th Chemistry Notes Download PDF File
We have put the notes of MCQs, long questions, and short questions of all the chapters on our website. This is so that every student in class 9 can take advantage of chemistry 9 class notes to prepare for the board exams. All students work hard so that they can get the highest marks. Our notes will be helpful for these students. All the notes are available in the form of a PDF on our website. You can also get Math 9 class notes on our site.
- You get a comprehensive overview of the topics covered in 9 class chemistry notes.
- By using our precious notes, you will save time and money.
- Our notes are more organized, shorter, and easier to understand than in a textbook.
- You will get the most effective results from our notes.
- If notes are not accurate and up-to-date, it can be harmful to you.
- If notes have incorrect information, then they could be misleading to your understanding of the subject.
We have provided notes for all the chapters of class 9 chemistry. In the notes, there are MCQs, long questions, and short questions. You can download all the notes from our website. Our notes will be helpful for you to organize and summarize all the topics of 9 class chemistry.